Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SHOES WONDERFUL SHOES

I spoke briefly about my addictions earlier (refresher: food and shopping, not necessarily in that order), and I feel I need to add one (note: it won't be the last). This is one you've heard before from many women so it's not new as far as life in general goes, however it is new for me. It's not something I asked for or was aware was happening - it sort of just snuck up on me one day and BAM!

I have become addicted to shoes. Shoe-aholism.

Now I am not Imelda Marcos addicted, I only wish I had her budget and storage space, but just normal every-day person addicted. (OK, maybe not so normal.) I don't know when it started; like I eluded to earlier one day you're this normal, shoe-indifferent person, and the next day you are spending 2 hours on Nordstrom.com looking at EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF SHOES. Oh yeah, I am very picky about my shoes. I once spent two weeks hunting down these perfect little Marc Jacobs black crinkle patent wedge-heel peep-toe flats in my size. They are absolutely precious. I drove every Barneys and Barneys.com employee nuts. But I did not care - that is their job and I wanted those shoes.

I used to not care about shoes - I hated shoes. Hated shopping for them, hated wearing them, I had ugly shoes (I didn't know that then, but I surely know that now. Ignorance was bliss!).

So that brings me to today's shopping lesson - there are SO MANY shoe sites and pretty much all of them offer either free shipping or free shipping both ways! YAY! Because there are so many of them, it means price and service competition wars.

I personally am not a fan of Zappos - I find it a totally confusing mess. They must be giving stuff away because I just can't figure out how anyone finds anything on there. My favorites are Nordstrom of course, PiperLime.com, ColeHaan.com, FootCandyShoes, and now a new site I just found OnlineShoes.com. I'll be ordering these little pretties (and they are on SALE! SCORE!):



HAPPY SHOE SHOPPING!

4 comments:

LaButtons said...

Julie you DO have gorgeous shoes!
Ralph Lauren is having a Friends & Family sale, and I'd love to invite you and all those who read your blog to get the 30% savings.
www.ralphlauren.com and add promotional code HOL2007 at the checkout until December 10th.

ShopperGirl said...

Thanks Buttons! You rock! I have posted all related fine print for the RL F&F, and there was a LOT ;)

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of Adventures in Shopping blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

David Millar said...




Footwear photo editing services
Footwear photo editing services