Saturday, December 1, 2007

Oh How Nordstrom Taunts Me!

A few weeks ago, I opened a beautifully designed and produced November Nordstrom catalog entitled "captivating luxuries". I should have stopped right there, however the book was so compelling that I did not. I had to see...

On the very first page was a ring, this ring. Its description: one-of-a-kind ring with oval natural fancy pink (yes, PINK!!) diamond (3.25 ct. t.w.), round brilliant diamonds (.89 ct. t.w.) and two half-moon diamonds (.87 ct. t.w.) with rose-gold accents. Exclusively ours. $195,000.

What was the first thing that jumped into my mind? "Where the hell can I get $195K to buy this ring!"

Oh, yes it did.

Needless to say, there was no answer short of selling my apartment and living on the street (because my parents abandoned my brother and me for south Jersey - but that's a story for another day - and no, I cannot live with my brother), which anyone with any sense at all knows is not a brilliant idea. Neither was moving to south Jersey, but again, a story for another day.

ANYHOO, I just wanted to let the world know that although I am COMPLETELY obsessed with this ring, and it has my name written all over it (not Shoppergirl, but my real name), I will not be able to purchase it due to extenuating circumstances.

BTW, Nordstrom did not post this ring on their site, nor the rest of the Jack Kelege collection in the book, which I think is a huge mistake. How do they know that someone with an Amex Black card isn't searching around online looking for something just like this to buy for Christmas or Hannukah? Hell, maybe they want to buy it for me!

To dream the impossible dream...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah don't worry Jules - we'll all chip in and buy it for you for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny you picked that ring...My sugar daddy just got it for me. I am kind of over all the massive diamonds he has been forcing on me, so I will totally give this one to you. I will bring it on Monday... :)LOL
I WISH!